Employee Wellness is Your Business
The bottom line: Healthy employees are better for business, and more and more companies are establishing official wellness programs to get employees on track. The benefits are numerous:
- Healthier employees can result in healthcare cost savings.
- Fewer injuries on the job lowers workers’ compensation costs.
- Better health can mean increased productivity, higher morale and less absenteeism.
Check out these ideas for getting started:
- Consider outsourcing your wellness program for specialized health and wellness training.
- Initiate a walking program during lunch and/or offer discounts on gym memberships.
- Host weight loss or other health competitions, offering incentives to help motivate employees.
- Host on-site health clinics for flu shots and other health screenings, and set up support groups for addictive behaviors like smoking.