HIPAA & Privacy
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for Personal Health Information
Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. Rest assured that CareSpot is committed to treating and using your personal health information responsibly. This notice describes the information we collect, how and when we use or disclose that information, and your rights as they relate to your protected health information.
Understanding Your Personal Health Information
Each time you visit CareSpot, a record of your visit is made which typically contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and referral information. This medical record may be used in some of the following ways:
- To plan your care and treatment and to communicate to other health professionals who contribute to your care
- As a legal document describing the care you received
- As a way for you or a third-party payer to verify that services billed were provided to you
- As a tool in educating health professionals
- As a source of data for medical research or of public health officials
- As a source of data for our business planning, evaluation and marketing
- Understanding what is in your record and how your health information is used, helps you to be sure it is accurate, understand why others may access your health information, and make more informed decision when authorizing disclosure to others.
Our Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property of CareSpot, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices
- Inspect and copy your health record as provided for in 45 CFR164.524
- Amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.528
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528
- Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522, and
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
- Maintain the privacy of your health information
- Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you
- Abide by the terms of this notice
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction, and
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain. We will not use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice.
- If you have questions and would like additional information, you may contact CareSpot Human Resources Manager at (904) 223-2330. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the HIPAA Officer or with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201.
Release of Medical Records
If you need copies of medical records from CareSpot, please print and complete this form, and bring it to the attention of the Center Manager at the CareSpot where you were treated.
Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. Rest assured that any personal information you provide us with via this website, including your e-mail address, will never be sold or rented to any third party without your expressed permission.
If you provide us with any personal or contact information in order to receive anything from us, we may collect and store that personal data.
In some instances, we may partner with a third party to provide services such as newsletters, surveys to evaluate our services, health or company updates, and in such case, we may need to provide your contact information to said third parties. This information, however, will only be provided to these third-party partners specifically for these communications, and the third party will not use your information for any other reason.
We do not automatically collect your personal e-mail address simply because you visit our site.
While we may track the volume of visitors on specific pages and download information from specific pages, these numbers are only used as a whole and without any personal information. This aggregate demographic information may be shared with our partners, but it is definitely not linked to any personal information that can identify you or any visitor to our site.
We may occasionally conduct surveys either via this site, or by approaching you by phone or email. Participation in these surveys should always be viewed as completely voluntary. Any information collected via these surveys will only be used to help us provide you with better service in the future.
We make every effort to secure any information submitted through our site, however, please be aware that any information you send via email may not be secure and we do not take responsibility for any information sent to us via email.
Links On Our Site
Our site may contain links to other outside websites. We cannot take responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of these sites and we encourage you to check the privacy practices of all internet sites you visit.
While we make every effort to ensure that all the information provided on our website is correct and accurate, we make no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness, of the information available on our site. CareSpot is not liable to anyone for any loss, claim or damages caused in whole or in part, by any of the information provided on our site.
Special Notice to CA Residents
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents that have provided any personal information through the Sites the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year. We do not disclose the personal information of customers to third parties for any third party’s direct marketing purposes. Please contact us at 615.600.4000 if you are a California resident and would like to request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices.